Instructors and Lesson Rates
Steve Pietsch, PGA
Director of Instruction
A PGA Teaching and Coaching Certified Instructor and graduate from NC State’s PGM Program, he has dedicated his professional career to coaching and has helped players of all skill levels and abilities reach their goals. He has taught full-time since 2013 and has delivered over 14,000 career lessons.
He recently held the position of Director of Instruction at New York City’s Premier Indoor Golf, working with tour-level technology on a daily basis, before returning to Raleigh in 2020. Steve specializes in the development of junior and competitive golfers, but enjoys working with players of all ages and experience levels.
His detail-oriented and process-driven teaching style are combined with a belief that great communication and personalization are essential to great coaching. A true student of the game, Steve is constantly seeking new information and striving to improve as a coach, just as he expects his students to improve on the golf course.
1 Hour Lesson (60 min) – $195
3-Pack – $540 | 5-Pack – $825
Half-Hour Lesson (30 min) – $110
3-Pack – $300 | 5-Pack – $450
2-Person Lesson (60 min) – $225
3-Pack – $625 | 5-Pack – $950
Junior Discount – $20% off
For more detailed information, or to book online, visit stevepietschgolf.com.
Scott J. Clagg, PGA
Scott is a 2015 graduate of the North Carolina State University Professional Golf Management Program. He has been working at LPGC ever since and was promoted to Head Golf Professional in 2019. He has several years of competitive golf experience, including two years of collegiate golf at Louisburg College and is still active in Local and Sectional PGA Competitions.
In his time at LPGC, Scott has implemented and grown several successful player development programs including Golf and Grape and Lonnie Poole Little League all while teaching well over 2,500 individual lessons to anyone from beginners to high caliber players. He is dedicated to improving his own game as well as that of others so we can all play to the best of our ability. Scott is excited to share his knowledge with golfers of all ages and abilities.
Tuesday/Wednesday: 10AM – 6PM
Thursday: 10AM – 3PM
Sunday: 10AM – 2PM
- Single Adult Lesson (45 min)
- Off-Peak Hours: $125 (10 AM – 3 PM)
- Peak Hours : $150 (4PM – 6 PM)
- Package of 3 Lessons (45 min) with 10 bucket range card
- Off-Peak Hours: $350 (10 AM – 3 PM)
- Peak Hours: $400 (4PM – 6 PM)
- Junior Golf Lesson (45 min)
- Off-Peak Hours: $75 (10 AM – 3 PM)
- Peak Hours: $100 (4PM – 6 PM)
- Package of 3 Jr. Lessons (45 min) with 10 bucket range card
- Off-Peak Hours: $300 (10 AM – 3 PM)
- Peak Hours: $350 (4PM – 6 PM)
Daniel Spurling, PGA
Director of Player Development
Golf Digest Top 100 Club Fitter
Daniel, a Raleigh native, joined the US Army where he served honorably for eight years, where he played All-Army golf. Daniel’s passion for golf continued when he settled back into North Carolina and began the Professional Golf Management Program at NC State University. After training for three years under the guidance of a Top 100 premiere fitter, Daniel obtained his Master Fitting certification from Golf Smith International. With the use of the most up-to-date ball flight tracking system, customers experience a golf club fitting that is unlike any other. Striving to make the fitting experience as realistic as possible is of utmost importance to Daniel. A full analysis is conducted outside with interchangeable equipment to ensure the customer is witnessing the process in real time. With extensive knowledge of golf club engineering, design, and construction, Daniel frequently builds clubs for customers to ensure the optimization and efficiency of the club’s performance.
- 60-Minute Club Fitting – $180
- Single Adult Lesson (60 min) – $250
- Package of 3 Lessons (60 min) – $750
Club Fittings are conducted by the hour. Full bag fittings are based on time and pro-rated after the first hour.
Tyler, an upstate New York native, has been employed at Lonnie Poole since 2018. Tyler began playing golf at the age of 10 and fell in love with it instantly. He competed in CNY Junior PGA events, then made the Varsity golf team in 8th grade, winning multiple individual medalist honors. Tyler went on to play in college and graduated from the State University of New York at Cortland in 2016, completed an internship at Cortland Country Club, followed by an assistant position at Walden Oaks Country Club.
Tyler has put in countless hours studying the swing and believes since everyone is different, there’s not one way to swing the club. He likes to find the components you need and give feels to accomplish your goals. He enjoys building relationships with his students and helping them grow their game. Tyler is a lead instructor of the Lonnie Poole Junior Academy and has completed hundreds of lessons at the junior and adult level. Regardless of skill, feel free to reach out!
- Single Adult Lesson (60 min) – $75
- Package of 3 Lessons (60 min) with 10 bucket range card- $225
- 2-Person Adult Lesson (60 min) – $120
- Half-Hour Junior Golf Lesson (30 min) – $40
- 1 Hour Junior Lesson or Junior Group (60 min) – $60
- $30 per person (2 or more juniors)
Madison grew up in Essex Junction, Vermont and started playing golf at 5 years old. She played D1 golf at Old Dominion University and graduated with a degree in criminal justice in 2021. Post graduation, she went to Q school for the LPGA and had status on 3 different tours and is an active member of the staff at Lonnie Poole. She is currently pursuing her PGA membership to become a PGA Teaching Professional. To build on her goal and passion to grow the game of golf for women, she has started a junior golf program at Lonnie Poole to inspire the next generation!
- Single Adult Lesson (60 min) – $125
- Package of 3 Lessons (60 min) with 10 bucket range card – $325
- Junior Golf Lesson (60 min) – $80
- Half-Hour Junior Golf Lesson – $40
Billy has been teaching since 2015 and has been an instrumental figure in Lonnie Poole’s group lesson offerings such as Lonnie Poole Little League and Golf and Grape. His great personality and passion for the game of golf makes him a joy to work with. A great player in his own right, Billy is the only player in history (as far as we know) to get a hole-in-one and an eagle on consecutive holes, otherwise known as an albatross. He did so on the 2nd and 3rd holes here at Lonnie Poole in June of 2022!
- Single Adult Lesson (60 min) – $75
- Half-Hour Adult Lesson (30 min) – $60
- Half-Hour Junior Lesson (30 min) – $40
Our staff is nationally renowned for its club fitting services. In fact, we are one of the top 100 Club Fitters in the nation according to Golf Digest! Have your swing analyzed by our Master Fitter Daniel Spurling, and he can suggest a set of clubs design just for your swing and price range. Before you buy, you can test them out on our driving range or in our indoor player development suite.
- Certified Professional Club Fitting with Master Fitter Daniel Spurling — $180.00
- Professional Club Fitting with LPGC Club Technician David Grimm — $120.00
To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Club Fitting Page.
Club Repair and Alterations
- Re-grip — $3.00 per club
- Re-grip add rib — $5.00 per club
- Re-shaft — $25.00 per club
- Tighten loose head — $10.00 per club
- Loft/Lie Adjustment — $5.00 per club
- Change Length — $10.00 per club
- Change swing weight — $7.00 per club
- Spec check — $3.00 per club
- Stamping — $15.00 3 letters
- Paint Fill — $5.00 per letter