In partnership with Triangle-based chemical company BASF, NC State crop and soil sciences professor emeritus Harold Coble and a corps of volunteers planted some 750 milkweed plants and wildflowers in low-traffic areas of the Lonnie Poole Golf Course to become a habitat for the distinctive orange and black butterflies.
The only collegiate golf course in the world designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer.
About the Course
Improve Your Game
Club fitting from our golf pros, private instruction, group clinics, and youth programs are available.
Dine and Relax
You don’t have to play golf to enjoy lunch, brunch or an after-work refreshment from our restaurant, covered porch or firepit patio.
Host an Event
With a prime location near downtown Raleigh and easily accessible, the golf course is perfectly suited for events.
World-Class Public Course and Learning Lab
- Top choice for local golfers and visitors due to our course’s unique features and downtown Raleigh setting
- Home course for NC State’s men’s and women’s golf teams
- Learning and research lab for NC State’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and College of Natural Resources
- Designed in part by two distinguished NC State alumni Erik Larsen and Brandon Johnson
- A first-class facility largely due to the ongoing support of the Poole family and other generous donors who continue to make this one of the finest public golf courses in the region