It is a privilege for our golf course to be able to stay open during this time. To that end, we take our role in keeping the golf course and grounds seriously to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff.
Here are some of the extra steps we are taking to ensure our course can stay open:
- The clubhouse is closed to the public, with the exception of restroom facilities and most recently, the golf shop can have up to ten customers at a time. Thank you for your patience.
- Extra hand sanitizers have been placed in customer and staff areas
- All staff are wearing protective gloves
- We are carrying out extra cleaning with assistance from our housekeeping and golf staff.
- We have posted signage reminding our visitors to maintain a six-foot distance from one another as well as providing additional tips to protect themselves.
- All customers check-in outside the building: at the first tee tent area, outside rear of golf shop (large tent), or table area at driving range.
- When possible, we collect fees online or in advance over the phone.
- All golf cars are cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized before and after each use (we also remove sand bottles, scorecards, and pencils). All “known” golf partners may ride in the same golf car together.
- The snack bar window is open for take-out service until 7:30 PM; the full restaurant remains closed.
- All outdoor dining seating has been removed to avoid any gathering.
- All carts are returned to #18 green area after use and immediately disinfected and sanitized.
- Customers are asked to personally dispose of trash in nearby receptacles.
- We are constantly wiping down computer keyboards and counter areas where multiple staff members are located.
- Club rentals are available during Phase 2.
- We clean range balls thoroughly after use
- Our range attendants are actively spreading out customers and delivering their range balls. The bucket is then removed by the range attendant, ensuring the customer doesn’t have to touch anything.
- Golf Shop and driving range close at 7:30 p.m. This eliminates the late evening “gathering” that happens on the range and allows staff more time at night to sanitize carts, range balls, etc.
LPGC Actions to provide Safe Golf, on the Course:
- All staff wearing protective gloves
- Maintenance carts and equipment are wiped down between each use
- Installed a “noodle” at the bottom of each flagstick, so the ball actually goes partly in the hole but can be retrieved without touching the flagstick or cup liner
- All on-course restrooms are open for use during phase 2.
- We removed practice putting green flags, range bag stands, bunker rakes, benches, ball washers, and other items from golf course
- We removed all water coolers from golf course (Fall 2019)
Read more about how Lonnie Poole Golf Course is keeping staff and patrons safe | NC State News >>
If you have any questions, call the golf shop at 919.833.3338